Bear Lake County Motor Vehicle Registration
Bear Lake County Motor Vehicles HOURS
30 N Main St. Box 190 Renewals/Reg 8:30 am-5:00 pm
Paris, ID 83261 Title Work 8:30 am-4:30 pm
(208) 945-2155 ext. 3
*MUST BE AT THE WINDOW BY 4:30 PM FOR TITLE WORK* NO EXCEPTIONS
TIPS WHEN LICENSING YOUR VEHICLE IN IDAHO
- All vehicles in Idaho must be titled in Idaho before it can be registered. This requires us to have the ACTUAL title not a copy or fax.
- If registering for the first time you MUST have your PINK 502 from an Idaho Dealer, Title, or MSO. If you have a lienholder we will have to request the title from them before you can title and license here.
- If your vehicle wasn't purchased from an Idaho Dealer or does not have an Idaho Title we will need a VIN inspection done by us or a police officer.
- To make your visit faster for you and other customers waiting PLEASE BRING YOUR RENEWAL REMINDERS that ITD mailed to you.
- The Friday before Memorial Day Weekend and July 3rd are the busiest days for us! Expect long lines and long waiting times on these days!
- We must have your Idaho Driver's License Number if you do not have an Idaho Driver's License we will need your Social Security Number, this is for all owners on the title. If you are licensing under a business name we must have your EIN or you will need to fill out a form stating you do not have one.
If you are an Out of State Resident (meaning you have an out of state driver's license) the vehicles you register in Idaho are for Idaho Use Only. You may be ticketed in your state if you are driving there with Idaho plates.
If you do not have all the proper paperwork with you at the time you come into our office we will not be able to process your transaction. The State of Idaho Transportation Department audits all transactions from our department and will reject anything we send to them without all documents they require, which means you will not get an Idaho Title and will not be able to renew your vehicle registration without providing everything they require.
Motor Vehicle Registration Online Renewals
Order Personalized / Sample License Plates Online
Motor Vehicle Record Requests - Search Idaho's Motor Vehicle Record Database from your computer
What Are Idaho's Motor Vehicle Requirements?
To register a vehicle in Idaho:
- The vehicle must belong to an Idaho resident or business.
- The vehicle must be titled in Idaho before it can be registered. (You can apply for vehicle registration immediately after the titling process has been completed.)
- Out of State vehicles, registering for the first time in Idaho, must bring vehicle to DMV for a VIN inspection.
Where Do I Obtain A Copy Of My Motor Vehicle Record?
Idaho Transportation Website or by visiting the Bear Lake County DMV office.
Why Am I Required to Purchase New Plates?
Idaho law requires that license plates be reissued every ten years. If your plate is over ten years old, the renewal will include the cost of new plates and a mailing fee. All plates are now mailed to you. We no longer have plates in office.
Restricted Use Plates for ATV's & UTVS (Idaho does not have "street Legal")
* This plate is for recreating in the State of Idaho. It is not intended for use in other states. If you are a non-resident wanting a restricted use plate to recreate in Idaho you must come into our office to purchase the plate in person. We require an ownership document from your state (title or registration), and a form of ID.
Motor Vehicle Licensing Staff