- The County of Bear Lake has two major industries: agriculture and tourism.
- The county is well-known for its cattle ranches and grain farms which is sometimes a challenge due to its high elevations, early frosts and long winters.
- Tourism has been an increasing industry in the past decade. The lure of beautiful Bear Lake for anglers, boaters, and sailors has sparked a large building boom on the south side of the county. The area also sports a large number of lodging and camping accommodations as wells as restaurants, food establishments, convenience stores and gift shops.
- Montpelier has the largest variety of businesses due to being the city with the largest population. Paris, Fish Haven, Georgetown, Ovid, Bloomington and St. Charles are also home to various businesses. Seasonal business opportunities are also available the closer you get to Bear Lake.
- Bear Lake county businesses are served by The Greater Bear Lake Valley Chamber of Commerce. This volunteer business organization works to further the business climate in the county, spearhead special attractions such as snowmobile climbs, and provide activities that spurs economic development and retail sales.